Tonight’s the night! The 3rd sea­son pre­mier of Glee! I am a recent con­vert and I just couldn’t help myself. The com­bi­na­tion of singing, chore­og­ra­phy and pop music wrapped in the high school pack­age is too much to resist. I was a choir kid in school and was in musi­cals so I can totally relate to it. Add the bril­liance of Jane Lynch, the irre­sistible pull of Klaine and the awww-factor of Wemma, it just melts my inner snark.

In honor of Glee, I offer a deli­cious blue­berry slushie recipe that your taste­buds will wel­come (although if it comes as a slushie facial remem­ber– mouth open, eyes shut!). No arti­fi­cial col­ors or fla­vors, just tasty berry goodness.

McKin­ley Glee Club Rules Slushie!

You could always sub another berry of choice– straw­berry, blackberry,

1/2 cup fresh or frozen blue­ber­ries
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup water
1–2 tbsp agave or other liq­uid sweet­ener, to taste
drop of vanilla extract (optional)

Place all ingre­di­ents in a blender and process, adding water as needed to desired con­sis­tency. Enjoy by your­self or share in a friendly manner.

Who’s your favorite Gleester?

14 Responses to calling all gleeks!

1. I love Glee too!! And I’m so watch­ing tonight! Kurt is my fave. And this slushie recipe sounds awe­some … and healthy!

That slushie looks del­ish! I was totally in choir and musicals/theater too, lol :-)

3. Christina says:

Yay Glee!! I have been wait­ing and wait­ing for the pre­miere too. Did you watch the Glee Project this sum­mer? It filled in the void that Glee had left in my life, and on one of the episodes all the con­tenders had to get “slushied”. They said it’s a lot more painful than you’d expect. It looked it! I would never waste this slushie by throw­ing it at some­one tho, it looks way too yummy!!

4. Tony Mikelonis says:

I’ll leave a com­ment, looks awe­some! (and agave has SO many uses!)

5. Marlene says:

Yeah! Just got done watch­ing. Great as always! Read this after… Have to make it for next week!

6. Christina says:

Aahh oh no, peo­ple are already watch­ing it some places!!! >.< I don’t have cable, so we have to wait until tomor­row to see it on Hulu. And to answer your ques­tion, my favorite Gleester is prob­a­bly Blaine. I’m look­ing for­ward to see­ing the win­ner of the Glee Project on there too. God, I’m sound­ing like a big­ger Gleek than I really am right now.

7. Alec says:

DELICIOUS. Klaine is so amaz­ing, of course. I want to see a real duet with Blaine and San­tana, that danc­ing didn’t count. This bev­er­age would be Coach Sylvester approved.

8. Sandee Haire says:

The drink sounds fab­u­lous!!! I am going to see what froozen fruit I have avail­able and go and make one. Thanks for sharing!!

9. veganlinda says:

This is great! Love Glee too, but we don’t own a TV so I have to wait for Netflix.

10. Ben says:

Although the Glee ref­er­ences were lost on me, the deli­cious taste was not!