It’s (Harry Pot­ter!) Christ­mas in July!

Well, maybe you like fudge all year round, but I usu­ally think of it as a hol­i­day treat. And who wouldn’t love a hol­i­day pack­age of good­ies from Mrs. Weasley? Seri­ously, I want to be a mom just like her when I grow up…

Any­way, you can enjoy a lit­tle taste of Mama Weasley’s love with this week’s Treat of the Week, a super easy fudge recipe, which is also gluten-free. It seri­ously takes about 10 min­utes to whip up, all you need is a cou­ple of ingre­di­ents, your caul­dron and wand. Er, I mean pot and whisk.

Why, is that a Christ­mas bow lurk­ing in the back or a Pygmy Puff? Hmm…

Mrs. Weasley’s Mag­i­cally Easy Fudge

Because we are addicts, I added a bit of peanut but­ter to this batch, but you can add nuts or just go au naturel. I make this fudge in a lit­tle 6x8 pan and the pieces aren’t super thick. If you use a big­ger pan or want thick fudge, I sug­gest mak­ing at least 1 1/2 batches or 2. Darn, don’t you just hate hav­ing more fudge?!

1 cup organic sugar (I use raw sugar for a deeper fla­vor)
1/4 cup milk of choice
5 tbsp. mar­garine
1 cup choco­late chips
1/2 teas. vanilla
optional: 2 tbsp. peanut but­ter
optional: sea salt

Line a small pan (see notes in recipe intro) with parch­ment or foil. In a saucepan over medium heat, com­bine the sugar, milk and mar­garine. Whisk­ing con­stantly, bring to a boil. Lower heat to a sim­mer and cook until the sugar is dis­solved com­pletely. Remove from heat and whisk in the choco­late chips and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pre­pared pan. If using peanut but­ter, scat­ter blobs of it around the pan and swirl with a but­ter knife. Sprin­kle salt on top.

Let fudge set in fridge for at least an hour before cut­ting. Because this fudge must stay refrig­er­ated, I do not rec­om­mend send­ing by owl.

For more Harry Pot­ter foodie good­ness, check out my pre­vi­ous recipes here! And don’t for­get to stop by Dumbledore’s Vegan Army!

19 Responses to Mrs. Weasley’s Magically Easy Fudge

1. Traceluna says:

This looks divine! I am *so* bring­ing it to movie night tonight (with peanut but­ter, thankyouverymuchyum). :D

2. Leigh says:

Ooh, Ken loves fudge even more than me. I will sur­prise him with a batch of this yummy stuff.

3. There needs to be more gluten free recipes. Thanks for your efforts.

Yay for Harry Pot­ter! I am soooooooooooooo SO excited…one week from today. yay! I need to watch the first half again to remem­ber where they left off… :-)

Fudge is a sweeter treat than I’m usu­ally com­fort­able mak­ing and eat­ing, but… resis­tance is futile! The tex­ture of yours looks absolutely per­fect. Oh well, it’s a once in a while kind of treat any­way — I’ll have to try it! :)

6. Louzilla says:

Lov­ing the HP-inspired posts as always!!

7. Hi Kris,
    Love the new recipes. I have been off the prover­bial blog grid launch­ing a new web­site for my stu­dios but I am back. My kids and I love the Harry Pot­ter theme. Can’t wait to make the fudge. It must be time to send you more mula for my spon­sor­ship. You and your blog are so worth it! Thanks for every­thing. Let me know again the best way to pay. Peace out, Mimi

8. Meg says:

Soooooo good, I could eat the whole tray. And easy enough to make a cou­ple batches a day!!

9. Paula says:

This fudge looks so great! I’m see­ing deathly hal­lows 2 at 10am on Sat­ur­day morn­ing, but I might just have to bring some of this along.

10. Lexi Rodrigo says:

I made this for my food aller­gic son, because he was so envi­ous as he watched his sis­ters eat choco­late bars (he’s got a sweet tooth, like me).

It was super easy to make and only uses a few ingre­di­ents. The hard­est part was wait­ing for it to be firm enough to eat. Mean­time, I let DS “clean” the pot I cooked in.

When he finally got to eat it, he said, “Deeee-licious!”

Now I tell my daugh­ters to keep away from their brother’s choco­late. I, how­ever, can’t resist sneak­ing a bite or two every time I open the ref.

Thanks very much for shar­ing this recipe. You made this Mom and her lit­tle boy very happy.

11. Thanks for shar­ing this. I love Harry Pot­ter! My friend made all kinda of deli­cious vegan treats when the last movie came out. It was a fan­tas­tic evening.

12. […] Hagel­slag. Which is much to long for a post head­ing, and half the praise should go to Kris from nom!nom!nom! blog any­way. They are totally deca­dent but really easy to make, and the best thing – yes, you read […]

13. Johanna says:

This looks per­fect! Any thoughts on mak­ing day-ahead and keep­ing in the fridge? Will it dry out too much?

Johanna–

This fudge needs to stay refrig­er­ated, so you are safe! It lives well in the fridge up to a week, so a day ahead is more than fine. Enjoy!