Happy Hol­i­days!

I have been doing a lot of bak­ing, which I have been promptly pass­ing along to friends and neigh­bors, lest I sit around eat­ing it all day while hunt­ing for a job. Seri­ously, dozens of cook­ies, muffins and bread… it could get bad. But, I love to bake, so bake I shall. How could I not, with my rusty, trusty tome?

In lieu of the hol­i­days, rather than just mak­ing a batch of cook­ies, toss­ing them into Tup­per­ware and call­ing it good, I got a lit­tle overly excited last week and sort of over­did it. Things will be quiet on these fronts through the hol­i­days, so in the mean­time, let your eyes feast upon this bit of food pr0n.

Snick­er­doo­dles

Mocha Stripes

Snick­er­doo­dles and Mochas were joined by Lemon Drops and Fudgie Wudgie bites

Orange Choco­late Chip Mini-Muffins (one recipe makes 3 dozen minis!)

Each depart­ment also got a small loaf of my Hol­i­day Bread, infused with orange zest and speck­led with dried cran­ber­ries– yum!

The whole lot, ready for eating

Here are the recipes for the Lemon Drop Cook­ies (my favorites!) and the Fudgie Wudgie Brown­ies. Have a happy and safe hol­i­day, whether you cel­e­brate or whether you eat Chi­nese food in your paja­mas (or whether cel­e­brat­ing includes eat­ing Chi­nese food in your pajamas)!

22 Responses to a holiday baking explosion

1. Babygirl says:

WOw.. these look sooo yummy

2. Allyson says:

Oh man, you just made my eyes pop outta my head with all of these yum eats. Jim’s cowork­ers are quite lucky! Beau­ti­ful presentation.

3. Lee Ann says:

Wow! I’m going to make the hol­i­day bread for Christ­mas Eve and some of those cook­ies tonight.
    Have a great Christmas!

4. Amanda Nobile says:

Every­thing looks so gor­geous and yummy! I am def­i­nitely going to whip some of those items up this week.….that bread looks divine! Merry Christmas!

5. I wished I worked Jim’s office…I want some of that glazed bread…OMG!

Wow–you have out­done your­self! Not only did you bake amaz­ingly deli­cious vegan good­ies, but look at how you pack­aged it all! You have gone above and waaaaay beyond :-)

Jim’s cowork­ers are a lucky bunch! Those pack­ages look delight­ful. You did an awe­some job!
    Good luck with your own job hunt.

8. Hope says:

Those look AMAZING! Where did you get that awe­some packaging?

9. Siobhan says:

They all look so won­der­ful! They look really great in their pack­ag­ing — not sure they would be in it long though! Every­thing looks absolutely delicious.I would love to bake the hol­i­day bread over the hol­i­day sea­son, it looks to die for! Could you please tell me where I can find the recipe for it. Is it in one of your books?

10. V Chopra says:

OMG, all the hol­i­day goods look amaz­ing. Would you share the recipe for the Mocha Stripes please?

Hi there! The Mocha Stripes recipe can be found in my book 100 Best Vegan Bak­ing Recipes. I would put it up, but quite a few recipes from that book are already posted on my site and my pub­lish­ers don’t like me giv­ing away the farm, you know how it is. :) Thanks!

11. Siobhan says:

Thanks for let­ting me know about which book the hol­i­day bread is in — I’ve been hold­ing off buy­ing one of your book until I knew which one. I’m off to Ama­zon right now. Your food looks sooo good!

12. Lee Ann says:

I made the Hol­i­day Bread for Christ­mas Eve. It was so good (and soeasy) we were all hav­ing “just one more lit­tle slice” — in the end I had to freeze some of it to stop eat­ing it all in one day.

I also made your sweet wheat rolls — perfect!