*Update* Tiffany, you’re the win­ner! Thanks, every­one, for all of your deli­cious hol­i­day treat ideas!

This is your mis­sion, should you choose to accept it.

What are your favorite hol­i­day treats? Christ­mas, Hanukkah, it’s-cold-outside, what­ever you do or don’t cel­e­brate, what do you antic­i­pate eat­ing that is spe­cial to this time of year? Of course, your baked treats are of great­est inter­est to yours truly, but soups, stews, etc. are always wel­come. Nos­tal­gic treats, annual tra­di­tions, I want to hear ‘em all!

Share your yums in the com­ments and on Sun­day eve I will pick one ran­dom win­ner who will get a $25 Cos­mos Vegan Shoppe gift cer­tifi­cate! Treat your­self to a present this time of year and peruse their awe­some store to drool over their fab­u­lous vegan goods. Even if you don’t win, you should totally still buy your­self a present from Cos­mos. For realz. You’re worth it.

31 Responses to mission: delicious

1. Kia says:

I absolutely love the Cook­ies ‘n Fudge Brown­ies from the Bit­ter­sweet Blondies and Brown­ies E-Book. I also enjoy Browned But­ter Pecan Pra­line Blondies from the same book. Mush­room Bar­ley Soup is also a high­light. So delish!

2. veganlisa says:

Gin­ger molasses cook­ies are the best treat of the sea­son — but I also love overnight oat­meal that my Mom makes in her slow cooker with cin­na­mon, apples and raisins. We turn it on before bed on Christ­mas eve and enjoy it after open­ing our stock­ings on Christ­mas morning.

3. My sis­ter made a deli­cious choco­late nut truf­fle to pass out as gifts last year. I’m hop­ing she’ll make some more this year and turn it into a tradition!

4. Nora says:

My mom makes Dutch apple pan­cakes every Christ­mas morn­ing! They’re baked in an oven, and inex­plic­a­bly deli­cious. We veg­a­nized her old recipe.

5. Lizzie says:

I have a long list, some recent addi­tions, but most are recipes of my dear Grandpa’s.
    Clas­sics:
    *almond cres­cent cook­ies
    *“Christ­mas Cook­ies” — a vari­a­tion of sugar cookie, but have always just been called that :)
    * mint fudge
    * peanut brit­tle
    Recent addi­tions:
    * choco­late candy cups, with mint or peanut but­ter fill­ing
    * choco­late pep­per­mint pat­ties
    * pra­lines
    Try­ing this year:
    * pepita brit­tle
    * hazel­nut cream filled choco­lates
    * can­died hazel­nuts
    * sea salt caramels
    * caramel filled choco­lates
    * sweet & spicy pra­lines
    * spicy choco­late almonds

Yes, I am hugely ambi­tious. But, not so much so that I don’t think I will man­age it all! (Many of the ones to try this year are for gifts, as well…)

6. Lee Ann says:

I always make some kind of Christ­mas cookie and go to a local candy shop for their lovely hand­made vegan friendly candy.

7. Erica Rose says:

Mak­ing copi­ous amounts of christ­mas cook­ies. Really just sugar cook­ies, but cut out into offi­cial hol­i­day shapes, and fes­tive frost­ing :-)

8. Tiffany says:

Hol­i­day time is all about bak­ing up a storm. Bak­ing and dec­o­rat­ing cut-out sugar cook­ies is a long-standing tra­di­tion with my fam­ily. For the last few years, we’ve held an annual gin­ger­bread house-decorating con­test, which is messy but fun. :)

9. Ashley says:

I soooo look for­ward to gin­ger­bread cake with lemon sauce. I am nor­mally a huge choco­late fan, but some­thing about see­ing a Christ­mas tree makes me crave that spicy cake :)

10. Karen Reiter says:

I love Dreena’s peanut but­ter choco­late chip cook­ies, also each year I make Rasp­berry Strip­pers , honey lemon drops, gin­ger­bread peo­ple, and anise biscotti.

11. Amy says:

Hmmm… Well, I absolutely love sparkling apple cider, mashed pota­toes, snick­er­doo­dles, hot cocoa, and although these don’t really count, fuzzy slippers!

12. Beth says:

I absolutely love mulled apple cider this time of year! Pair it with fresh roasted hazel­nuts and I’m in heaven.

13. Abby Bean says:

So, these Ital­ian, hol­i­day good­ies are tech­ni­cally called struf­foli, but in my house they’ve always sim­ply been “sticky balls”. Last year my mom & I FINALLY veg­a­nized them after think­ing it was impos­si­ble for ten years. Check ‘em out; you really can’t go wrong with fried dough!

14. Every Christ­mas, I make a huge batch of gin­ger­bread cook­ies. Usu­ally in non-traditional shapes (gin­ger­bread cook­ies taste way bet­ter as dinosaurs than as lit­tle men and women!). That’s my absolute favorite :)

What I antic­i­pate eat­ing that is spe­cial to this time of year? My birth­day cake! (Seri­ously, it hap­pens every year, no mat­ter how old I may get: as we get closer to my birth­day, I turn into a five year-old!)
    Last year, I had found out about the mar­velous treat that are bakewell tarts on Shellyfish’s blog. See­ing how fab­u­lous that combo was (a short­bread crust, a layer of jam, topped with frangi­pane) I had to make it as my birth­day cake. I think a tra­di­tion was born: I’m plan­ning on mak­ing one again for a Christ­mas din­ner we’ll have with friends.

16. Cammy says:

My favorite hol­i­day treats are gin­ger­bread, and sugar cook­ies. Every year around Christ­mas time my mom will make vegan gin­ger­bread and my sis­ters and i will make sugar cook­ies and dec­o­rate them. We’ve been using the sugar cookie recipe from vciycj lately.

17. Kim says:

Well this is my first year as vegan so I do not have any real tra­di­tional favorites yet but I made a pump­kin spice cake for Thanks­giv­ing that was great! I also love apple cider with dark rum and vegan egg nog with dark rum!

18. Hope says:

When it gets cold out­side I like to make the amaz­ing cin­na­mon rolls from Vegan Brunch. The house smells amaz­ing with these in the oven!

19. nik says:

I’m look­ing for­ward to brandied fig cookies!

20. FoodFeud says:

I like to make muffins — I made Pump­kin Corn ones tonight — because I love the ease of hav­ing a bunch and being able to heat one (or two!) up quickly the next morn­ing so that you can focus on the orga­niz­ing, gift­ing, clean­ing, cook­ing, etc. on the day of the fes­tiv­i­ties.
    My favorite muffins to make are cocoa spice, gin­ger­bread, pump­kin, and lemon-blueberry, although that’s out of sea­son right now.

21. Katherine says:

I think my favorite treat this time of the year is Veg­news amaz­ing Apple & Wal­nut muffins. When I go home from school for break I always have to make them Christ­mas Eve morn­ing. They are amaz­ing, and are pre­fect with a cold morning.

22. Vegyogini says:

I always look for­ward to bak­ing up a slew of cook­ies for my friends this time of year. Usu­ally, I’ll go for a trio, often all of cook­ies I haven’t baked before, but that embody the hol­i­day spirit. It’s so easy to vary hol­i­day cook­ies each year since we as a vegan com­mu­nity are blessed with many amaz­ing vegan cook­books that either con­tain cookie recipes or are dessert-specific.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Bis­cotti! I make em every year for the hol­i­days. Also spiced/flavored nuts–super easy to make and peo­ple seem to really like them.

24. ellie says:

Cherry winks!

25. Amy says:

I love gin­ger­bread cook­ies. They’re the best hol­i­day treat when paired with a mug of soy nog!

26. Um, what WOULDN’T I buy?, is more like it.

Hon­estly, I’d put it toward some­thing wear­able or edi­ble. Prefer­ably with chocolate.

27. Lane Gold says:

Home­made cin­na­mon rolls on Christ­mas morning!

28. Amanda Nobile says:

I love to crank up the Christ­mas music and make a batch of molasses cook­ies for me and a batch of choco­late chip cook­ies for the hubby. I also then divvy them up into super cute treat bags/boxes for fam­ily and friends. I could (do) spend hours just pack­ag­ing treats.…it’s so cathar­tic and so reward­ing! Happy hol­i­day bak­ing everyone!!!

29. andreadevon says:

my favorite hol­i­day treats are home­made pump­kin gin­ger­bread cake with spicy vanilla frost­ing. this is a ‘classic-’ and super cool cause it’s veg­a­nized from the joy of cook­ing! i also always make choco­late truf­fles, and this year i have fresh herbs, mate, and fresh coconut to exper­i­ment with. i will be post­ing recipes soon!

30. Sophia says:

I’m plan­ning on mak­ing chocolate-peanut but­ter cake balls for a hol­i­day party this year! Pretty excited for bite-size choco­late coated cake!

31. Astrid castens says:

Christ­mas is the best! I love this time of the year. Love every­thing! Yummy sweets! Cook­ies and pies are my favorite! And now I can really enjoy them, I Am lac­tose intol­er­ant and i found a new love. Vegan bak­ing! Thank you so much! Love :)