This pic­ture is ter­ri­ble, but it sure hit the spot. It was my lunch today, cour­testy of Whole Foods deli. Some sweet potato cakes (made with sweet pota­toes, quinoa, brown rice, onions, cran­ber­ries and herbs), veg­gie stuff­ing and cran­berry sauce. Seri­ously, salty stuff­ing and cran­berry sauce are the only things I need to be happy at Thanks­giv­ing. Keep the pump­kin pie and pass me the casse­role dish. kthxbai

For my ran­dom draw­ing of the week, I picked the sneak peek post of cake pic­tures and the lucky com­men­tor was #10– Jodye! Jodye, I’m going to send you an awe­some set of mesh, reusable pro­duce bags for you to fill with deliciousness!

And, as an aside, I’ll put the “news” I was allud­ing to ear­lier in the week here. This affects noth­ing in regards to my blog, except per­haps a seri­ous lack of decent posts for a cou­ple of weeks, I am leav­ing Port­land and mov­ing down to Eugene. I’ll miss PDX, but it’s only a 2 hour ride away. Besides, this puts me in the land of YUMM!

7 Responses to beige plate of yum

You’re leav­ing Port­land! Oh well, that’ll give me a rea­son to go and visit Eugene next time I’m in Ore­gon. Best wishes for a smooth and easy move. :)

2. Beth says:

Aw, happy moving!

3. FoodFeud says:

Hoo boy, I am in the midst of mov­ing now too so I empathize. Both blog­ging and eat­ing well are sort of for­got­ten. Best wishes!

4. Lizzie says:

Those sweet potato cakes look very tasty! My Whole Foods deli never seems to have more than one or two vegan options, and they’re never very good. When I was in Mem­phis, though, they had tons of vegan deli awe­some­ness, which sur­prised me in the land of BBQ.

5. Seglare says:

The sweet potato cakes sound great. :)

Good luck with your move — I move every­thing goes smoothly!

6. Amanda Nobile says:

I, too, am con­tent with stuff­ing and cran­berry sauce…although, a slice of pump­kin pie doesn’t hurt :) I’m actu­ally going to see if I can veg­a­nize my grandmother’s stuff­ing recipe tonight — yum!
    Happy mov­ing and con­grats on the new job!!!

7. Lisa says:

Where did you get the reusable pro­duce bags? I could only find them avail­able by the case, which is a few more than I was look­ing for! thanks!