First off, I want to plug a super cool new fea­ture that Word­Press is offer­ing: Food­Press! It’s an easy way to sift and sort through the tons of food blogs hosted by Word­Press and to see some cool fea­tures that might not oth­er­wise cross your screen. Like you need another distraction.

I would love to know the fis­cal impact of lost worker pro­duc­tiv­ity due to Vegan MoFo. :)

Is it pos­si­ble to eat too much pump­kin good­ness this time of year? Never! One of the most pop­u­lar recipes from 100 Best is, of course, one of the recipes with a typo in it. D’oh! Here it is, in all its cor­rected glory, for your autumn nom­ming pleasure.

Pump­kin Choco­late Chip Cookies

Always a favorite dur­ing the colder months, these cook­ies are very light and airy. The pump­kin adds a unique hue and a boost of beta carotene to each bite. That’s enough nutri­tion to con­vince me to have seconds!

2 cups flour
1 tea­spoon. bak­ing pow­der
1 tea­spoon. bak­ing soda
1 tea­spoon. cin­na­mon
1/8 tea­spoon. salt
1 cup mar­garine, soft­ened
1/2 cup reg­u­lar sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar, packed
1 cup canned pump­kin (not pump­kin pie fill­ing)
2 teas. milk of choice
1 tea­spoon. vanilla
1/2 cup choco­late chips

Pre­heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two bak­ing sheets with with parch­ment paper.

In a small bowl, com­bine flour, bak­ing pow­der, bak­ing soda, cin­na­mon and salt ingre­di­ents. In a large bowl, beat cream sugar, brown sug­ars and mar­garine until creamed. Add pump­kin, milk and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingre­di­ents to wet in two batches and mix until just mixed, then stir in choco­late chips.

Drop heap­ing table­spoons of dough 2 inches apart on a bak­ing sheet 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to-12 min­utes or until cook­ies are lightly browned on the edges. If you are bak­ing more than one sheet at a time, switch their shelves halfway through. Let cook­ies cool on the bak­ing sheet for 15 min­utes, then remove from cookie sheet and cool on trans­fer cook­ies to cool­ing rack. Store cooled cook­ies in a con­tainer with a loose fit­ting lid, as they are very moist, at room temperature.

Yields: 3 dozen cookies

28 Responses to pumpkin overload? never!

1. Hope says:

These look great! I have made quite a few things from 100 Best (your peanut but­ter cook­ies are the BEST) but haven’t got­ten around to these yet. I am think­ing with the cold weather com­ing in this week­end (high’s in the 70’s, bur­rrr) these will be perfect.

2. They look deli­cious and I know how much less work I’m doing dur­ing MoFo (i.e none!)luckily I work for myself but I will actu­ally have to do some later. Boooo!

3. phoenix says:

Oh yum! I also blogged about pump­kin cook­ies today. I guess I love every­thing that fea­tures pumpkin. :))

4. Lauren Marie says:

They look fan­tas­tic! I think I will be giv­ing them away as Christ­mas presents.

5. Lee Ann says:

I have some left over pump­kin in the fridge — now I have some­thing to do with it. Can’t wait to get home and make these.

I love this time of year– just the idea of hav­ing left­over pump­kin in the fridge is excit­ing to me! Oh, and I’ll be fol­low­ing up with your com­ments on the tester blog soon, sorry for the delay!

6. Amanda Nobile says:

I’m on my last pump­kin muf­fin, so it’s only log­i­cal that I should now make these! :) I’m going to turn into a pumpkin!!!

7. I noticed food­press on my refer­ring web­site yes­ter­day and was so excited to find it. What an awe­some fea­ture! Your cook­ies look awe­some, too. Seems like we were shar­ing a brain­wave today with the choco­late chip cookie variations

8. shellyfish says:

There is no such thing as too much pump­kin or too many pump­kin recipes! These sound deli­cious! And thanks for the heads up about the Foodpress.com men­tion — I feel so special!

9. The look fan­tas­tic. I’ve never made pump­kin cook­ies. And an added bonus of choco­late in them. MMMMMM. I wish I could head home right now and start baking.

10. Mo says:

There is def­i­nitely no such thing as too much pump­kin, espe­cially when it comes with chocolate!

Too much pump­kin? Shut your mouth! No such thing, I agree. I love find­ing new ways/recipes to use it–thank you!

12. organarchy says:

Wait…so kit­tehs in your ban­ner, pump­kin good­ies AND Harry Pot­ter?!?!? Dear me, what have I been missing?

Thank you for the recipe!

Happy MoFo’ing!

13. FoodFeud says:

Oh man, you totally got me! I am so afraid to miss anyone’s blog post, I check the web con­stantly at work!
    I love hav­ing pump­kin the fridge too — it’s so quick and easy not only for cook­ies but pump­kin soup and sei­tan sausages too!!

14. joyfulgirl says:

OOh. looks delicious!

15. Vegease says:

No way.…pumpkin can’t be over­loaded, unless you’re turn­ing orange.

Pump­kin soup, been eat­ing it all of October!

Mmmm Pumpkin.1

Pump­kin and choco­late chips — that sounds like a per­fect combo! I need to make these soon.
    How frus­trat­ing it must be to find a typo in a pop­u­lar recipe… well, in any recipe, really, as we’d love for them all to be pop­u­lar! Until the sec­ond printing… :)

17. Vegannifer says:

I def­i­nitely don’t need another dis­trac­tion, but that sounds like such a cool one! Thanks for the tip!

I usu­ally don’t go on pump­kin over­load until after Thanks­giv­ing. I’m still lov­ing all the pump­kin recipes, includ­ing this one! I can’t imag­ine even the most pumpkin-overloaded per­son turn­ing up their nose at these cookies!

18. HeyJ says:

Our fam­ily just switched to a vegan diet about a week ago when I picked up this cook­book. Made these for a cookie party in a pinch last night. Shocked them with the news; awed them with the cookie. :)
    I’m hop­ing for the same when I bake muffins/bread for an upcom­ing (no sil­ver­ware) recep­tion. Any sug­ges­tions?
    Inci­den­tally, the milk wasn’t listed as an ingre­di­ent in the cook­book. Came here to find it. The blog really saved my arse, thanks.

Hmm… I’d say try some blue­berry streusel (if nap­kins will be around, as the streusel can be a bit crumbly). Orange choco­late muffins are very fes­tive, too! Mini ver­sions of the gas sta­tion pies would be a great hand-held treat, too!

19. HeyJ says:

The orange choco­late muffins: heav­enly tex­ture and taste. They flew off my cool­ing rack. Chips sank to the bot­tom though. Add more flour?
    Gas sta­tion pie recipe looks great, but those whisks are start­ing to add up. I’ll give them a test run to see.

20. […] came across this recipe the other day for pump­kin cook­ies and have been look­ing for­ward to get­ting these in the oven. I […]