As the cooler weather sets in, I start to crave com­fort foods. While not nec­es­sar­ily look­ing for overly hearty fare, chilly nights and layer-weather beck­ons for some­thing that sticks to your ribs. Let’s take a stroll down mem­ory lane for some recipes that fit the bill.

Some Cur­ried Car­rot Soup is sim­ple to make, but is thick and fla­vor­ful for rainy nights or when you have the sniffles.

Some Pesto Ricotta will add fla­vor and pro­tein to any pasta or pizza and make for happy tummies.

Inspired by Star­bucks’ annual fall muf­fin, my Stuff This In Your Pump­kin Pie Hole Muf­fin will please veg­ans and non-vegans alike and is the per­fect break­fast on a chilly autumn morning.

What are your favorite autumn eats?

15 Responses to a taste for fall…

1. Andrea says:

Thanks for remind­ing me that it’s def­i­nitely time to make some car­rot soup!

Thanks for the reminder! I really wanted to make that car­rot soup, but I didn’t get around to it because sum­mer car­rots are just so tasty raw… Now that we have boat­loads of car­rots in our CSA bas­ket, I see it in my near future.

3. Amanda Nobile says:

YUM! To all three recipes! Thank you!!!

4. Lauren says:

My favorite thing to make is def­i­nitely soups for fall!
    Your curry soup looks amazz­ing, thanks for post­ing it!! :)

Thanks! I got sick a day after repost­ing this and I made this soup… I wish I could say it made me all bet­ter, but it made feel­ing like crap seem a bit bet­ter. I guess that’s all you can ask for.

5. Melisser says:

I want them all, but mainly I want my pie hole stuffed.. hey, waaaait..

Any­thing with apples or spaghetti squash is a-okay with me, lol. I love fall!!

7. Kelsey says:

check­ing out this muf­fin recipe right now!! OHHH MYYYY GODD KRIS!!! theres a lovely hole in ur muf­fin, and im lov­ing it!! haha

8. Ashley says: