I go through food phases. Don’t we all?

My main food phases all revolve around tofu. Ha! I bet you thought I’d say choco­late. Nope, good ol’ white and pasty tofu. I swear, I just can’t get enough.

Pri­mar­ily, I tend to fall in and out of love with tofu ricotta. Well, never com­pletely out of love, but we’ll eat so much, so often that I have to ricotta detox for awhile. I remem­ber the first time I had it, the lovely Michelle from Her­bi­vore had me sam­ple some straight from her fridge and I inwardly pan­icked. “OMG! Cold, uncooked tofu! I can’t do this, I can’t do this!” I thought was a tofu lover at that point, but baked, stir-fried or sauteed! Of course I wasn’t going to blow my cool in front of some of the hippest veg­ans around, so I dipped a baby car­rot in and braced myself. This stuff is awe­some! So, time went on, recipes were adapted and I now have an offi­cial tofu ricotta habit.

My new tofu habit:

Okay, so there is noth­ing new about tofu scram­ble. But this par­tic­u­lar incar­na­tion, with sun­dried toma­toes, car­rots, spinach and nutri­tional yeast, has been singing my name. I can’t get enough! And we’re pol­ish­ing off the last bit of jam from last year (And I still haven’t canned any­thing yet this year– eek!), which is the per­fect part­ner on the side. Break­fast, brunch or brin­ner– it’s on!

Well, that’s all she wrote. Bye!

Oh.

So…

You’re still reading.

You know I have some­thing to say and so you’re going to wait it out and make me sweat until I break down, huh?

Okay, I give up.

I am offi­cially up to my elbows in devel­op­ment for my next cook­book! YAYAYAYAYAY! I am ter­ri­bly excited. The topic is still hush-hush at the moment, but I was hop­ing that I might be able to turn to you, my beloved read­ers, to see if any­one is inter­ested in doing some recipe test­ing. I am look­ing for about 20 testers. If you would like to learn more, please EMAIL ME at nomblog {at} gmail {dot} com. All testers will be hon­ored with their name in the acknowl­edg­ments, a free copy of the book, some other exclu­sive good­ies that are in the works and my undy­ing affec­tion. Well, you all have the last part, but only testers get the tan­gi­bles! ;) I’m hop­ing to get every­one signed up and on the pri­vate test­ing site by the end of the week, so drop me a line, eh?

11 Responses to scramble it up!

1. veganlisa says:

I am thrilled to hear you’re work­ing on your next book!
    I don’t think I would make an ideal recipe tester for you since I am cur­rently eat­ing mostly raw but I look for­ward to hear­ing all about the development.

Enjoy the adventure.

2. Kiersten says:

Another cook­book– how excit­ing! I go through food phases too. When I was around 16 and first learned to cook I went through a Thai phase. I made Thai food for din­ner like 3x a week. My fam­ily prob­a­bly wanted to kill me.

3. Good news about the cook­book! Yea!! And I am so in love with tofu too. Any way you cook it or don’t cook it. I’ll even eat it straight out of the package.

Yay for the new cook­book! I will be e-mailing you in a moment :-)

Your tofu scram­ble looks great!

5. Megan says:

Another cook­book! Yay! You’ve got me in sus­pense, I can’t wait to find out what kind of book it is. And I don’t mean to brag but I think I would be one kick bum tester :) Totally email­ing you now.

6. I love tofu ricotta too! I’m at the point where I will shove it into any­thing (includ­ing occa­sion­ally in my mouth, on a spoon). Also … I’m totally trained (well, self-taught) for cook­ing stuff and then eat­ing it and then think­ing about how much I like it, so I emailed you. :)

…and now I have a crav­ing for a good tofu scram­ble! Yours looks deli­cious, as does the jam. Nom nom!

Yay for the big announce­ment! It was cool to get the scoop a cou­ple of weeks ago, but it’s even bet­ter to see that you can now share it with every­one! You have kept a tester spot for me, right? ;)

8. jenna says:

Con­grats on the new book announcement!

9. Liz says:

Hey Kris,
    I am so pleased to hear that you’re work­ing on a new book.……I bought myself your vegan bak­ing book for Christ­mas and I LOVE it! I have quite a lot of vegan cake stalls at fairs, etc., and the Cranberry-lemon Oat Zing Bars have become a reg­u­lar fix­ture. (I add a lit­tle shred­ded coconut, too.) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamapiecake/4497851783/
    Just wanted to let you know that I made the Peach Bundt Cof­fee Cake, but as I was short on time I made it into cup­cakes. I also subbed wal­nuts for the pecans. Lit­tle chunks of peaches in the bot­tom of the cases, and the cases were so full that they turned out muffin-sized. They are spec­tac­u­lar!!! SO deli­cious and desir­able!
    Thank you for all your lovely recipes and wis­dom. Best wishes to you. Liz x

Hi Liz! Thanks for stop­ping by! I’m going to have to steal your idea and try mak­ing that bundt as muffins– sounds delicious!

10. Juliana says:

I just read this a bit late but I would love to be a recipe tester if you’re still look­ing for some, I love your blog and have your cook­book! :)