Hey there, blog­land bud­dies. I have a spe­cial cause I want to plug here and I need your help.

A good friend of mine is col­lect­ing recipes for a cook­book that a close friend of her fam­ily is putting together. This friend, Becky, has Stage 4 breast can­cer that has spread to her liver and spine. She’s fight­ing the good fight, but needs more treat­ments and support.

They are look­ing for recipes to add to a cook­book that they are going to sell with all of the pro­ceeds going to help out Becky. Please con­sider donat­ing a recipe, which you can either post in the com­ments or email to me at nomblog @t gmail (dot) com by this Thurs­day the 5th. What a bet­ter gift than the healthy, restora­tive power of vegan eating!

Becky

Becky with her daugh­ter after Race for the Cure 2008

8 Responses to recipes for a cause

1. Sooz says:

Thank you so much!

2. jessy says:

you bet, Kris. i’ll be e-mailing a recipe over to you either today or tomor­row. i’d love to help. thanks!

3. Sandy says:

I’ve asked sev­eral peo­ple to donate recipes. Hope they pull through!! You are so great to do this for her!

4. tahinitoo says:

Hey Kris!

I hope the cook­book will be a huge suc­cess. It’s won­der­ful that you are help­ing your friend and I wish her and her fam­ily the best. Here is a link to a yummy dip I posted on my blog awhile ago: http://tahinitoo.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/what-a-dip/

5. Hey! Just saw the link on Jessy’s blog and I just emailed you a recipe for my Spicy Sei­tan Hot Wangz…

6. veganappetite says:

Kris, what an awe­some project. Just emailed you.

7. Diann says:

Just posted a recipe tonight for pump­kin stew:
    Best wishes for your friend.