We had such a great time at the book sign­ing yes­ter­day! I want to thank every­one who came by and for those of you who decide to cash in your free tat­too coupon, please send me a pic­ture! I’d love to see your food body art! I’m con­tem­plat­ing loca­tion of my own food/tribute tat­too… to be announced. :)

For those who couldn’t be there, I will be offer­ing a spe­cial deal on cook­books in the next few days… as well as some giveaways!

books1

Yay books!

books2

Books and but­tons, includ­ing the new “blog.com” but­ton fea­tur­ing Josie!

book signing2

I baked up tons of sam­ples from the book. Spice Spiked Choco­late Chunk Cook­ies… yum!

book signing3

Chewy Choco­late Pep­per­mint Cookies.

book signing 4

Apple But­ter Cook­ies with dried cranberries.

book signing5

Black For­est mini cupcakes.

book signing6

Peanut But­ter Banana mini cup­cakes… one of my all-time favorites!

book signing7

Mini Cinn-a-Drizzle Scones and Lemon Drop Cookies.

book signing8

A pic­ture of the whole spread.

book signing9

And me, awk­wardly sign­ing books. Pub­lic events aren’t really where I shine, but I did have a very fun time! Now it’s time to fin­ish off the left­overs… I’m really bad about over-baking. Bet­ter to have more than not enough!

22 Responses to book signing!

1. Beth says:

Holy jeez, what a spread! Also– you’re too cute.

2. Sandy says:

It really was a lovely event. Your spread was incred­i­ble! The cook­book is soooo neat! Can’t wait to make choc. stout bread. And get my free tattoo!!

3. I’m so sad that I couldn’t be there! I’ve been eye­ing your book for a while. Stu­pid Christ­mas is so far off! Every­thing looks great. I espe­cially love the buttons–so cute!

I *love* cook­ies, and all of those sound fab­u­lous! The scones must be deli­cious too! Well, I obvi­ously need to get your book sooner rather than later…

5. Nora says:

How cool! Book sign­ing must have been a thrill. What’s the spe­cial deal? I was think­ing of buy­ing it!

Oh, man I wish I could have been there…I am glad it went well!

I won’t be back to Mpls for awhile, but I was think­ing of try­ing to orga­nize an event when I’m out there… maybe next summer?

• Courtney says:

That would be awe­some! Totally let me know when/if you are ever in town…Minneapolis is no Port­land, but there are so many fun vegan-friendly places to go :-)

7. Vaala says:

So glad the sign­ing went well. All that food looks incred­i­ble as usual. Your book arrived in the week­end at last so I guess that means I can now attempt to repli­cate all that bak­ing myself!

8. Wow! What a spread, you must have been bak­ing all day! It all looks great! I’ve been think­ing about get­ting your book, I have it in my ama­zon wish list. I think after see­ing all the baked goods spread out so beau­ti­fully, that I’m going to be order­ing it today! :)

Nic– another lover of squirrels!

Thanks and yes, there was a lot of bak­ing going on. I always under­es­ti­mate how much time and over­es­ti­mate how much to make, but it’s always really fun.

9. karla says:

you cut your hair short, it’s cute!
    i saw some­one today at Sweet­pea flip­ping through your cook­book. glad to hear the book sign­ing went well!

10. Leslie says:

11. Aiporlani says:

Kris, the whole spread looks deli­cious! your recipes always come out so well. judg­ing a book by it’s cover and hav­ing 2 copies of the old one, i know this one’s just amaz­ing and i can’t wait to get a copy!…

12. SiL Julie says:

I got my book ship­ment today! I can’t wait to give them away to all my car­ni­vore friends and co-workers so they can try these great vegan recipes.

After see­ing all the pic­tures on here, and more recently, the things you made for the book sign­ing, I am so excited to start baking…and you know me, I’m the girl who thinks from scratch means I added water, put it in the pan and baked it.

Thanks for the inspiration…not just from the amaz­ing book, but in all things vegan that you do!