Hey there! You may notice a new face on the ban­ner above. Let me into­duce Josaphina Sophia Holechek or, as we call her, Josie.

100_4297

Yes, she is named after Josie and the Pussy­cats, but the comic that was inter­spersed in the Archie comics of the 1960s, not the car­toon or the silly movie and pop cul­ture junk of recent years.

I found Josie about a month ago behind my work, ema­ci­ated and lonely. You could feel her bones pro­trud­ing through her skin and she was yelling her lit­tle head off. Thanks to a quick-acting friend, we were able to get her fed and in a cat car­rier in a mat­ter of min­utes and then she was off to the vet and home with me. Now she’s a healthy weight and set­tling into our house pretty well. The other cats are still adjust­ing, but thank­fully Josie is very laid-back. If you’re going to have four cats, she’s the kind to have. She enjoys being close to us, such as in the same room or on the couch, but she’s not needy and she likes to give mod­er­ate affec­tion. Good qual­i­ties when you’re divid­ing your atten­tion four ways.

100_4307

This is what we affec­tion­ately refer to as “the happy look of death”. Even when she’s extremely happy her face doesn’t really reflect it. But she’s def­i­nitely mak­ing her­self at home.

I swear I will post about food soon. :)

Oh, and my book is offi­cially out now, for real. So yeah, go bake some stuff. :)

11 Responses to new nom on the block…

Josie is adorable! I love her markings/coloring–very unique and beau­ti­ful. And how sweet are you?! Not many peo­ple would adopt/rescue a cat on the spot like that! Espe­cially if they already have THREE cats at home :-) You are a saint!

2. Vaala says:

She’s a gor­geous cat! Love her!

Ooo, off to go order your book now :)

3. Jojo says:

Squeeee Josie’s gorgeous!

4. Molly says:

soooo cute :3

5. karla says:

yes, agreed! Josie’s one fine look­ing cat!

6. Sandy says:

Wow! She hit the lot­tery with you two! Lucky gal…so gorgeous!

7. KAnn says:

Just stum­bled upon your blog as I am order­ing your book and I had to post…I have four cats, too…all res­cues and as some­one who is very involved with cat rescue/shelter/spay-neuter work, I just wanted to thank you for adding Josie to your fam­ily! She is precious!

Hey there! Thanks for the sup­port, I really appre­ci­ate it!

All of our kit­ties are res­cues. We’re two for two now, 2 from shel­ters and 2 directly from the street! If I had all the money (and time!) in the world, we’d have an even larger family.

Thank you for all the work you do on behalf of the kit­ties! I’m loosely involved with a local no-kill cat shel­ter here in Port­land and the work they do is truly amazing.

8. Kirsten says:

Josie is beau­ti­ful. I love her mark­ings on her face. They are very distinctive.

9. Vegetation says:

Awww she’s just beau­ti­ful! I’m so glad she found you!

I have a kitty who has a happy look of death too :P Rather con­fus­ing sometimes!

10. Veggienetters says:

Beau­ti­ful kitty! Yah for Josie find­ing you! We have 8 furba­bies, 6 of which are res­cues and two of which came from friends. There are so many ani­mals out there that need res­cu­ing. Thanks for help­ing Josie!