Thanks to every­one for your patience while I get back to blog­ging reg­u­larly. I have a ton of things to share with you, but for now, news about the bake sale!

To those of you who dropped things off ear­lier in the day– I have your platters/plates/etc, so please email me at nomblog [at} gmail {dot] com and we can arrange for a pick up! Oh, and if you made the Blue­berry Green Tea Cup­cakes, please email me! I think my will to bake will wither a bit if I don’t get the recipe. :)

The bake sale went won­der­fully. We were able to raise much more money for House of Dreams than I had hoped for, which is fan­tas­tic! We had a lot of fun and the baked goods– oh, the baked goods! I could hardly restrain myself from buy­ing one of every­thing. Here is a lit­tle pic­ture tour…

bakesale1

In the fore­ground, Goodie Bars, with a cookie base, choco­late chips, raisins, wal­nuts and coconut, and in the back­ground Lemon Drop Cook­ies sur­round­ing Almond Choco­late Sand­wich Cookies.

bakesale2

Mocha Stripe Cook­ies and Mar­ble Bundt.

bakesale3

Oh Joe’s Brown­ies, Banana Split Cup­cakes and Straw­berry Muffins.

bakesale4

Gas Sta­tion Pies with choice of apple-cinnamon or straw­berry rhubarb filling.

bakesale5

Gin­ger­snap Cook­ies and Almond Rolls.

bakesale6

But­ter­scotch Pecan Bars.

bakesale7

Choco­late Choco­late Chip Cin­na­mon Rolls…drool…

bakesale8

Sprouted Cin­na­mon Rolls with Glaze.

bakesale9

Jelly Dough­nut Cupcakes.

bakesale10

Choco­late Peanut But­ter Brown­ies in the back­ground and wheat free Straw­berry Muffins in the foreground.

bakesale11

Peanut But­ter Cook­ies and Apple Streusel Muffins.

Miss­ing from my pic­tures were my favorite treat of the day– the Blue­berry Green Tea Cup­cakes. Such a sur­pris­ingly per­fect and unex­pected com­bi­na­tion and oh-so-good. I was too pre­oc­cu­pied eat­ing them remem­ber to take a picture.

Thanks to every­one who came and baked and extra spe­cial thanks to baker/helper extra­or­di­naire Amy!

0 Responses to bake sale bonanza!

1. Nora says:

this is too much. i’m too over­whelmed to com­ment any­thing sen­si­cal! ahh

2. Kylie says:

I’m so glad I was able to come! My tim­ing in Port­land was just right! I think I was one of the first cus­tomers. I wrapped up one of those blue­berry muffins with green tea frost­ing and took it home with me to Santa Cruz on the plane and just had it a lit­tle bit ago–INSANELY WONDERFUL. I think I might need the recipe as well! So impres­sive! I still have that choco­late peanut but­ter brownie wait­ing for me…

3. Celine says:

I wish I had been there to eat every­thing and gain twelve thou­sand pounds and be happy. burp.

4. Jojo says:

Wow, that looks like one seri­ously awe­some bake sale. Nice work! Those jelly donut cup­cakes look per­fect and I’ve never heard of a Gas Sta­tion Pie before but I want one.

5. Kiersten says:

Wow, every­thing looks amaz­ing! I think I would have been tempted to buy one of every­thing too.

6. tiny says:

i can’t believe i hap­pened to be in port­land but could not come (stuck at the races at PIR all day!). i did make it to Proper Eats on Tues­day and had an amaz­ing tem­peh reuben sand­wich though!

7. Vaala says:

Oh man, that is a pretty impres­sive bake sale. Every­thing looks SO delicious!

Unfor­tu­nately I’m rac­ing on the day of our Auck­land one (tomorrow)…damn!

8. Diann says:

Wow! I can’t wait for your new cook­book, Kris!

No won­der why the bake sale was a suc­cess! Every­thing looks so yummy!