Hey there!

The great folks over at Com­pas­sion for Ani­mals have come up with a bril­liant idea: a world­wide vegan bake sale! The week of June 20–28, there will be vegan bake sales hap­pen­ing all over the world– how cool is that?

wvbs-banner-white-bg

I am going to host one in Port­land, but I need your help! PDX peeps, where do you want your bake sale? My first instinct is Lau­rel­hurst, but I also want it to be vis­i­ble, what are your thoughts? Who wants to bring good­ies? I’m think­ing Sat­ur­day the 20th… Let’s chat!

I just might some of these bad boys…

Gas Station Pie

Gas Sta­tion Pie

Gas Sta­tion Pie– flaky, but­tery, hand­held pies, filled with yummy fruit fill­ings and a light glaze on top. Host­ess can bite it– these pup­pies rawk my socks.

0 Responses to vegan bake sale– pdx peeps represent!

1. jumbleberryjam says:

I’m DROOLING! I’d like to think I’ll be set­tled in up in Seat­tle by then, but likely I’ll be in the midst of our move. But, keep me posted on the loca­tion of your sale…we’ll drive through for one of those pies!!

2. radioactivegan says:

Is there a recipe for this some­where? sadly I won’t be in Seat­tle … maybe ever … :(

3. Nora says:

LOL i loveee that it’s called gas sta­tion pie.
    also, that’s so cool! i’m going to have a tempe one! :) i’ll start arrang­ing it..maybe on PPK..now! thanks!

4. DJ Karma says:

Those look really good! I wish I lived in Port­land so I could par­tic­i­pate in your bake sale!

5. Yum! Those look so good! I love that bake sale idea.

6. Jennifer Bogartz says:

Hi Kris! Con­grat­u­la­tions on your book. The South­west Com­mu­nity Cen­ter would be a great place for a bake sale, and I’m sure that there is a com­mu­nity cen­ter that is closer to you.

7. liz says:

eek! waaaaant… why does that look so good? I would buy up a whole bag. and I love the name!

8. dd says:

Holy crap, if you make those gas sta­tion pies you bet­ter make extra because I’m gonna buy all the ones I see.

Do you need other peo­ple to bake too? Would the pro­ceeds to go CFA?

Yes! More bak­ers are in need! The pro­ceeds go to what­ever char­ity we the bak­ers select, so I fig­ure when a few more peo­ple vol­un­teer then I fig­ured we would select the charity.

9. Many, many thanks for par­tic­i­pat­ing! Wow — I might *fly* out to Port­land for one of those pies. If you make them, I am sure they will sell out in no time.

10. Vegan_Noodle says:

Wish I could come up to Port­land for the bake sale!! But we will rep­re­sent in Hous­ton as well…

11. tahinitoo says:

If you still need help, I would love to bake for this, please!!!! You can e-mail me any details. How fun!!!!!

12. Gina Langley says:

Hey Kris. I would love to help out/contribute to your vegan bake sale! Can you send me some more info? How many indi­vid­ual items would you like? Sounds like you decided on People’s?

13. […] this Vegan Bake Sa… Veg­anTreats: I you live in PDX, check out this Vegan Bake Sale! http://nomnomnomblog.com/2009/04/23/vegan-bake-sale-pdx-peeps-represent/ April 25th 2009 @ 8:55 pm from […]

14. Acid Cigars says:

I’ve never been to Seat­tle, but I’m pretty sure these treats would be worth a trip! I wish there was a web­site you could order from and have them shipped to your house… I’m in Texas and I’d pay for ON shipping!